1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to replace isamark cables

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kbsnow, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

It is time to replace the cables on the isamark pump. I had to drill out the set screws and cut the cable to remove it from the pump. How does the new fitting get to the control side? All I have is the small hole for the wire to go through.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks Twinman, but I already have this booklet in a binder. It does not explain how to get the cable out of the pump unit. After I drilled out the set screw, I was able to pull the cable out, but the end that slides over the lever would not come out. I cut the cable inside the pump and the rest of the cable housing came out. How does the new cable go in?

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

you have 2 take the side plates off

5. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

I got it. I kept looking at the end of the cable that went into the housing, and realized that when I drilled out the set screw, I drilled into the cable ends. When I twisted and yanked the cables end out, I actally cracked part of the ends off and they were lodged in the housing. I took a big punch and hit the part in the pump and they fell out. Thats makes sense as I knew the cable ends should slide through the pump housing and attach to the lever.

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

yes that how they hook up..

7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Make sure you seal the area where the cable enters the pump housing after you install the new cables!