1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to remove reservoir

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by porabjr, Sep 1, 2013.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

Have a mm2, changed fluid today and intended to remove reservoir and change out suction filter, but couldn't get res off . Thought it was 4 screws holding on, but after I removed them wouldn't budge. Ended up putting screws back in and filling w/ fluid. Just wondering for next fluid change.

2. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

use alil flathead screw driver and pry it of CAREFULLY, but be careful of the o-ring underneath. it'll be tricky to put it back on, you kinda gotta stretch it out to get it back on.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Ya got to man handle it

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I always tap them with a rubber hammer . And don't worry about an o ring you never want to use it over again and it comes with a new one in your filter kit.

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

i bought a new filter from my dealer and it didn't come with a new o-ring, I just reused the old one.

6. porabjr

porabjr Member

Ha, I actually got out the "universal tool", my hammer and started to "tap" it. than i said to myself, why break something that ain't broke. That's when I put screws back in and filled with fluid. Hey, there's always next year.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

You cheaped out and did not get the kit. The kit comes with the filter, filter housing o ring, o ring for the pick up tube, and o ring for the pump, hold down for the pump, and if its an early pump it may not have the hold down for the pick up tube that likes to fall out without having the hold down. I believe the kit is a whopping 14 bucks. I always inspect the pump when I remove the canister and change the pump o ring.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would take it off and inspect the filter. It's still.early and you have time before the cold.