1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to remove ignition power to cargo light?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mortician79, Nov 17, 2013.

1. I recently wired a lightbar into my cargo light. How do I stop the light from activating when I unlock my doors, prior to starting?

Is there a wire I can remove?

This is on my 2011 Ram 2500 Crew Cab hemi.
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I pictured it activating everytime you open the door....
  3. Yes, I laughed also. It's not a big deal. But if it can be fixed I would be happy.
  4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

You will need to check the manual and see if you can turn off the illuminated entry feature. You can disable some features in the EVIC(Electronic Vehicle Information Center), also I think if you turn the dome light to disable, it keeps the cargo light off but then you will not have the dome light when you get in. I have the 2012 and you can disable the illuminated entry, but none of your other lights will come on either when you unlock. I ended up running a separate power wire through the headliner and side panels, it was actually fairly easy to tuck the wire in and run it through to the brake light hole. I tapped in to the accessory/cig connector.
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

do it Dukes of Hazzard style
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

trying not to bust your balls to bad, but do you open the door when plowing
  7. Thanks for the response!tymusic

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Do yourself a favour and run a separate power wire for the light bar and make sure it is fused. Not totally sure about the 11's but my 06 is horrible with respect to factory wiring and adding extra stuff only adds to the headaches. The computers in the newer trucks are very fussy and will take zero abuse before biting back. Usually the TIPM takes a hit after a circuit goes to ground or has a fault 5 times or more. There is no recovery other than replacement.