1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to remove electric motor from Western pro plus

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jleveke, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jleveke

jleveke Junior Member

I've got a Western Pro Plus 7.5 2004(I think) that I'm trying to put a new bushing sleeve kit in and I'm having trouble getting the electric motor free from the valve body. First off do I need to remove the motor if I'm putting in the sleeve kit and are there more than just the two bolts that run through the motor that hold everything together. I have removed the two long bolts and have tried hitting the motor with a deadblow but nothing is moving. I cant see any other bolts holding everything together. Any help is appreciated.

Just for reference my problem is an intermittent screech when I raise the plow. I changed the fluid, new reservoir and new filters,the screech persists. Through research on PlowSite I've decided on this bushing sleeve kit that goes between the pump, valve body and motor.

Thanks again -Joe
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your talking about an ultramount correct?
  3. jleveke

jleveke Junior Member

Yes, but I got it off, I just didn't want to bang on the motor housing and breaking something. Turns out all I needed was a bigger hammer and it came right off. The new motor sleeve bearing is in and so far no noise.