1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to price

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plow master, Jul 27, 2005.

1. plow master

plow master Junior Member

Hi i am new to the industry :) , could somebody tell me how to price, i have no idea how to price commercial , :confused: does it go by the square footage ? if so what is the price psf. and how do i price residential driveways, please teach me

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. TriCountySnow

TriCountySnow Member

How to Price Reply

Pricing can be the most difficult thing that you do, either you will over price it or under price it finding the middle is the hard part. You must take into consideration the time that you are going to be on the job, always and i mean always allow for more time than you quote, Ex. You have 200 X 200 Lot that you do and you have 2 trucks plowing it, the average time that it should take you is 45 min. but you always add about 15 mins that way you dont get shorted. Residentail is a little different you really cant use time you just have to find the middle ground of the price wars. Generally residential customer are willing to pay a little more, to have the job done right, that means not tearing up there grass, running over that pesky lawn decartion at the end of the drive. and having a clean drive by the time the wake up in the morning. i Hope that this helps you. And always remember that it is a pricing war, you will alway have the guy in the beat up pickup out there and chances are they will always call you afterwards. good Luck Happy Plowing
    :)