1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by semper fi, Sep 27, 2011.

1. semper fi

semper fi Junior Member
    from PA

I have a driveway too a camp that is 7/8 of a mile long with a 270ft. by 65ft. parking area.It is all gravel and takes around an 1 1/4 hours. I have been charging $85.00 a push.I drive a 2011 chevy 2500hd with a boss 8'-2" v plow. Is this to low.

2. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

sounds to low to me

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I would be at least $100.00

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Sounds low

I would never tell anyone what to charge, but the value of your service is worth much more than $85. The risk isn't worth the reward in my opinion.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Very well said Wayne only we know what we need to make to make a profit some might be cheaper and some might be more

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

sounds low to me also. try and give them a seasonal price now that you want to up it.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

What does per push means ?

8. semper fi

semper fi Junior Member
    from PA

per push is each time you plow

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I shoot for $100 an hour for plowing so I'd go for $125. Like everyone else said, your price may vary. I do have a little bigger plow than you so maybe I can charge a bit more per hour?