1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to price the sale of a parking lot account

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dfor, Aug 6, 2012.

1. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a parking lot that has two businesses in it. The front lot is a doctors office, and the back lot is a daycare center. I charge a total of $160 for the two. $95 and $65.

Takes me about 1 hour to plow and shovel the walks alone (average 4" storm). Can anyone let me know roughly what I might be able to sell the accounts for. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's an hour to do? Sale price is zero.

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I don't see any value there. When you quit plowing either someone else will show up and get the job or they will call someone to come plow it. And its only one property and one hours worth of work. Give it to a buddy and maybe he'll buy you dinner.

4. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

The curbs are a royal pain in the butt on the front lot, and all the snow has to go to the right side looking at the picture. No straight pushing on the front one. Without the curbs the time would probable be 40-45 minutes.

The curbs are the main reason I'm going to give it up.

Thanks. Might just end up doing that if I don't get any interest. I was hoping I could get one plowing price out of it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Junior Member
    from CT

Why dont you raise the price to make it fair to you? If they dont use you no loss.Thumbs Up

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't own it, how can you sell it?

7. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I agree. At best you can sell the contract you have to plow it, but that won't even work. The owner can drop your services at any time. Wh would someone buy a contract that has no guarantee?