1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to obtain commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fireboy6413, Aug 13, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Hi guys I know this question comes up alot, I have been plowing driveways and small parking lots for years now, now I want the bigger stuff, how can I get them, also how to get on bidders list. Thanks

2. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Do some reading on the site, lots of advice previously posted. how big are you talking? The box stores are subbed out 2 or 3 times over. Make sure you have the equipment and time necessary for bigger accounts. Talk to managers, property owners and determine when they normally request bids and see if you can submit one. Be ready with several types of pricing structures, such as per inch or per push or combination. Keep your prices in line with your local market. Listen to what they have to say and determine their needs. Leave your card. Always be pleasant, even if they already have someone. You never know when they will call you back. Basic stuff, but fundamental if you wish to build a reputable buisness. Just my two cents.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go in the business and talk to the owner.

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

new places or buildings go talk to owners. anyone you talk to ask"who does your snow"? word of month is a big thing for me. tell a friend or fam your always looking for new accounts through the grape wine things come back to you. Good luck!