1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to move those snowbirds

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mebes, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Anyone ever tried this one?
    In our commercial lots this year we started writing TOW on the snow on the windshield or rear window of cars that don't move between snowfalls or park next to areas we have to stack snow. We don't actually tow them but it seems to work pretty good.
    Anyone else have tips on how to get these people to move?

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Pee on their door handles and locks, wait thats what your not suppose to do. I give my boss the plate # and he calls the owner of the lot, then the owner is contacted. So far i have only put 1 small pile of snow by the drivers door of one car. :D :D

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

We don't have the phone numbers for the people on the lots that we plow and usually the management company (for the associations and townhouse lots that we do) is closed durring the nights when we are plowing.
    But since it's night plowing maybe pissing the letters on the windshield would be quicker.
    2 birds with one bladder.
    As long as it's not -400 outside

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

well if you put a nice pile behind the car works well:D :D

5. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

i have a lot like this people are told to move cars to one spot in lot. But there is one guy that think he doesn't have to move his van. In summer this guy would pull his van right in to hedge we are trimming.
    So in winter i will plow his van in ill put huge piles a long side the doors so he has to climb in though the back. :D