1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to move a disabled bobcat 742

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kasauto, Dec 19, 2006.

1. kasauto

kasauto Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a bobcat 742 move if the engine should not run? This has not happened but I want to plan for the possibility. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would almost think that there would be a release on the pump drive system that would allow you to push or pull the machine.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

She'll move with some pulling, We've pulled a dead 753 on to a trailer with a tow truck.

4. Toolman Taylor

Toolman Taylor Junior Member

Our old 763 at work had a traction lock solenoid which mechanically locks your chain case. The reason we found this out was the computer circuit board became loose in it's housing and ocassionally when it hit a bump just right, it would blow the fuse for the traction lock solenoid and lock the machine right up (right now!). There was an electric override but it did nothing when this happened. All it took if I remember right was two bolts and the solenoid came off.

On that note, we have Cat 936 forklifts with 8' forks so we would just scoop the machine up and bring it down to the shop! :rolleyes: