1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to mount springs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by progossman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. progossman

progossman Junior Member

I have an older plow, it's a Diamond. When I got it, the torsion springs were broken off. I have some new ones, but I am not sure how to put them on, or even which way they go on the plow. If someone can look at the picture of the springs and has any info, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

P1020534.jpg

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You have to pull the trip edge pins then the springs go in splitting the vertical rib of the moldboard. They can be a bear to do. Last time I did one I tipped the plow over to the trip edge was up in the air. Pull one pin and do one spring at a time. Be careful, even one spring will clamp the trip edge and pinch anything in the gap.

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Pro-
    I do not thing those are the correct ones for the old style diamond. They are the seperate ones that have a "left" and a "right". I am doing this now. Still waiting for 4 more springs to come in. I use a long thick wall tube to get them back on and kind of act as a breaker bar. It is also a good idea to replace the pipe/bushing the springs ride on.
    You can see my project here.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=64257

T.J.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The springs he has are middle generation from say early 90s right after Meyer bought Diamond but before they atarted using 2 meter extension springs mounted vertically.

TJS the springs you are talking about are for the older Diamonds from the 80s I think and yes those had a left and right.

I hope he got the right ones for the blade he has.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I think my Diamond is from 79 maybe.
    Here is what I have.

[​IMG]

T.J.