1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to measure off of goggle maps

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fishgeek, Oct 27, 2010.

1. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

Just got back into plowing after many years of not plowing in the chicago land.
    Can anybody tell me how to measure from goggle maps.

Thanks learning:redbounce
  2. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I'm pretty sure you have to have google earth..... I got it as a free download. I'm pretty sure it is always free unless you want like a "pro" version or something. So google "google earth download" and get it. That's what I did.... Don't always rely on it. Get out there with a wheel and measure it yourself. Best 50 or 60 bucks you ever spend will be the measuring wheel.
  3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Get google earth and go to tools and click ruler
  4. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

that is how I do it when we look at aerial views.
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I found this program here as I couldnt get the google tools to work on my laptop.

I've been told you can use those geo cashing hand held devices. Walk the area with that.
  6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

are u kidding me!! loaded it an find out, its pretty friggin easy to use. but only use a it as a guide!! DAH
  7. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

I didn't know you had to download it, I just went to google maps and that one won't let you use the ruler.

Thanks Guys....Lighten up TLC Geeeeee
  8. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont