1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to measure for timbrens...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Oct 27, 2008.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

How do I tell if my truck has the plow prep, I know that i have to measure from the top of the spring to the bottom of the frame but my frame does not run straight through the length of my truck. It kinda comes up in the middle of the wheel well, so do i measure from where the frame is still straight or from where the frame is at it's highest point (which is directly under the u-bolt that holds the springs.) If i measure from where the u-bolt is then do i measure from on top of the u-bolt or beside it on top of the spring.... This is for my front axle on 04 ford f350 diesel, also i looked at the sticker in the door it says my springs are xy but I don't know if that means anything. Called my ford dealer and timbren dealer both said they couldn't say for sure. Ford could not even tell me if my truck had the plow prep...stupid. Thanks.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

you don't;) just tell them the make, model year and your all set.;)

3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

You don't need to measure for Timbrens you simply order a set for your vehicle. Are you trying to do something else?

4. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

I'm trying to order a set of timbrens online and it asks me if the truck has plow prep or not. If it does then the have different timbrens, i'm guessing they are a little longer?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first letter in your "XY" code is your FRONT spring code. And "X" is the designation for the 6000 lbs plow prep springs.

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

6000 lb. front axle gross weight=plow prep.
    5200 lb. front axle gross weight=ain't plow prep