1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to make first contacts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cod8825, Jul 15, 2007.

1. cod8825

cod8825 Member

I live here in Kansas City Missouri and my partner and I that own a lawn company that does snow removal are ramping up for snow removal for this season coming up. We've been in business for six years and during that time almost all of our business has been subcontract work.

We have twelve trucks and ten of those are filled by contract work and not inhouse accounts. He is wanting to hit strip malls shopping centers and high profile accounts hard. I can get the information on everything but strip malls. What I mean by that how in the world do I find the owner/property maintenance company that manages these places. I spent a whole day going through a town south of Kansas City walking into strip mall businesses and asking tenants who the landlord was that they pay rent to.

Most of them said that they could not tell because of legality issues which I can probably believe. The rest didn't know, wouldn't say I only got a few good contacts for me it was a waste of time.

So far I think that I have three options
    1) Keep at and you will get contacts eventually
    2) Go to the county courthouse to the assessors office and get the information that way
    3) Possible look at puchasing a call list from a data warehouse like US Data and see if they will have the information.

So what do you think any help is welcomed.