1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to maintain a SnowEx 8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by j&jlandscaping, Oct 20, 2009.

1. j&jlandscaping

j&jlandscaping Junior Member

This will be my 1st year salting, and I just picked up a SnowEx 8000. I heard that you are supposed to oil up the unit almost every night, and wash it down with a pressure washer.
    Where do I oil, and what kind of oil? If I pressure wash at a coin wash, and drive home wont it freeze up the motor or something? Anyone got any details?

Thanks!

2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Service for 8000

I own several snowex spreaders. The only thing you need to grease is the fitting by the spinner where it attaches to the box. As far as freezing issues go, we power-wash our units after each use and do not have any freezing issues.

You may want to spray the inside of your box with "PAM" cooking spraying occasionally. It helps with the flow of the material if it's wet.

I am sure you will be glad you have that unit. I've been using them for six seasons now with no downtime.payup

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

no down time in 6 years??? Myself and three people i know all had issues with the controllers after 3 years. Snowex said it was a design issue with the controllers!

I guess u where lucky :mad:

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Paul is correct, its not if you need a new controller its when. If you count on this spreader you need to call Bob at Karrier Company in Ohio and order one of his controllers. Back when I had one I use to wash it after each use and the spray Fluid Film on the spinner head and around the pillow blocks and the auger area. Kept it nice and clean.

Regards Mike

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8000 also and we wash it after each use and grease the obvious things and no problems. Well, except for the damn control box like everyone said!:rolleyes: