1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to kill a battery??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snyps, Oct 27, 2008.

1. snyps

snyps Senior Member

So I have had the same battery in my truck for just under 3 years. After draining the battery completly a few times due to an alternator issue it is barely able to start up my truck.

The battery is under full replacement warentee for 2 more weeks, but the play is screwing me around with replacing it saying that is ok when they test it. Two other places have tested it and said it was bad.

My question is how can I safely kill the battery so it will not take a charge and they have to replace it? Any ideas?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

fully discharge it, then leave a power draw on it over night.

Then if they give you any flack tell them you had it checked out at so&so's earlier.
    and you want it replaced as the warranty states.
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Talk to the manager when the guy gives you flack. You could also try taking a cell phone video. Odds are the abttery is showing just fine when they tests it because I'm assuming you drove there in your trucka dn they took it out to test it. You need to take it there in anohter vehicle when its dead.
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

take off the top and pour it on him???
  5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Ask them if they are actually load testing it, or just checking voltage.....
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Good point.

They need to use a load tester. Then watch them do it.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Drain it and then put it in your freezer overnight.
  8. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

By the icecream?! Don't forget it in there ha!