1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to install Boss Sport Duty 7' Plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by linds1012, Dec 2, 2011.

1. linds1012

linds1012 Junior Member
    from 16652

Hi...New to site...I have a Boss Plow Sport Duty, was wondering if this is something I can mount/intstall myself without having a pro do it. I am pretty mechanically inclined. If anybody knows, I would greatly appreciate how to do it ot some tips....thanks!
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

they have the mounting instruction on line at the Boss web sight.

How the hell would I know what you are capable of doing? I would say if you have to ask than no you should not do it.

Then again try.. if you cant, then take it to someone who can.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  3. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I did mine on my first Jeep myself, the wiring was a breeze, just basically running them how I like through the engine bay, and tapping into the lights. Very simple, however the mount was another story. They have you lift up the sway bar to put the mount between that on the frame. That was a real pain in the butt as clearance was an issue. It all depends on how mechanically inclined you are, I did it in a day with just basic tools, however when I bought my second Jeep I paid them to hang the iron on the Jeep.
  4. linds1012

linds1012 Junior Member
    from 16652

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to try and tackle it. I have a lift so that should me get around good, appreciate the feeback....
  5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

check the directions to see if you will be doing any drilling. If so, make sure you have a good drill (not a box store special) and hit Harbor Freight for a titanium coated step drill set. It will save you some frustration.
  6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Do it yourself, just follow the steps.

There are three main tasks:
    1. Plow mount on vehicle.
    2. Assemble actual plow with power unit, lights, blade, frame, etc.
    3. Vehicle wiring harness (heavy cables to battery, smaller to ignition, harness plug and play to headlight, and wire to plow controller inside the cab).

THIS! Most of the time HF has the set of three on sale for $10. Don't even bother with regular bits. I put one in a drill press and made half inch holes through 1/4" and 5/16ths steel no problem, quick and easy. No changing bit size working your way up.

I used one to drill through my buddies 1500 Ram for his plow, no prob.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011