1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to install a HAW led or strobe video.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice vids George. What do you make your stobe cables out of? And where do you get it? I would assume its all sheilded cable just bought in a spool.

3. Dissociative

Wire is made by NOVA for strobes and sold in reels.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Whats a spool cost? I see they are sold in 1000 foot reels.

5. Dissociative

plowsite wont let me tell you.....

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

7. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Very good video and we do the same with our hole saws. Just one tip try to get he strobe tube as far to the rear of the light as possible as it will increase the light output. You can use the factory plugs just be sure to fill each one with a di-electric grease and they will hold up just as well and make it much easier to replace a strobe should one fail.

8. Dissociative

i completely disagree here, i have replaced several failed connections from this method. The high voltage i think makes these more prone to corrosion and even when filled with grease they still IMO are a failure waiting to happen. i cant stand those connectors they simply are not meant to be used outside in the weather.