1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to install a Diamond trip edge?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pet9782, Nov 5, 2015.

1. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

I have a 7.5' Diamond plow (older style) that I had the skin replaced at the bottom and then blasted and painted.

I am trying to put the trip edge back on and the outside pins are about a 1/2 in off. I can use a bar and get them close but the bar is in the hole so the pins cant go in.

are there any tips on getting that in?
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Got any pics of this. Are these horizontal springs. I am not quite grasping what is happening.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Are you trying to compress the spring to get the pins in
  4. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

Thanks all for helping me out with this!

It's got the vertical springs that when the edge trips the bar goes up and the springs want to pull it back down resetting the edge. The springs are off I am just trying to put the edge back on and the pins that it swings on in.

I didn't know if there is a secret to putting the edge back on. I put the middle 4 pins in and now trying to put the outer on but maybe the secret is to put the outer on and work in. Or did the plow warp during welding.

I can put a bar in the hole and pry to get them close but... then i have a bar blocking the pin:eek:

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You did try to put the trip frame in its tripped position? Somethings a little bent. How bad did the old pins come out?
  6. pet9782

pet9782 Junior Member

The pins came out fairly easily just a little persuasion with a hammer.