1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to identify what plow I have

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lbi14lbb, Mar 3, 2006.

1. lbi14lbb

lbi14lbb Junior Member

Hi- I'm new to this forum and plowing. I got a 8ft western Unimount plow on a 99 F350 diesel from a client who owed me money, but I have no documentation or model/serial numbers on the plow. He likewise had no idea for me. This much I know:
    8' w/ three trip springs (one large center spring with two smaller on each side) with a "shock absorber" in the middle. Power angle. Chain on hydraulic lift arm.
    Any idea of model/year range/where to look for pump model numbers and the like.
    I do not plow for money, just my driveway and a few of my friends.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.
  2. Rgory

Rgory Member

Well welcome to the world of snowplowing.

It sounds like you have an older uni-mount pro set up. If it has not been re-painted than on the right hand side of the back of the blade there should be a clear sticker that says something along the lines of Western 8'0" Pro plow with a series of numbers underneath. The 3rd & 4th digits are your year of manufacture, according to western's site. More likely than not this sticker is long gone, however there should also be a label on the pump (red housing) that begins by saying something similar to "Isarmatic" you maybe able to call up a local dealer and see if they can dig anything up from that id #, however keep in mind that pump may have been replaced also so it would only be a rough estimate.

Westernplows.com has all the literature you could ever need for the plow, as well as a way to decode the serial number.

hope that helps,

3. lbi14lbb

lbi14lbb Junior Member

Thanks for the info and prompt response.