1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to identify the year of MVP? (WIth Pics)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA Farmer, Oct 13, 2012.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

So my dad just bought a new truck and it came with an 8'6'' MVP Ultramount, it has Nitehawk lights so I know its not a 1st gen Ultramount. He is wanting to sell it but I don't know what year it is. Is there a way to find out how old the plow is, and what it may be worth.

2. How much do you want for the plow.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That plow looks almost new. I thought there was a serial # on them. I have 2 but they are at the shop.
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

There is a serial number on the top of the pump. Do the numbers mean anything or would I have to call a dealer to find out? Also I know the person that owned the truck and it was used only for his driveway, I think it has the original cutting edge on it. He just bought a new GMC and MVP, money is not an object for this guy.
  5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

It looks identical to mine that I purchased new in October 2007, except mine has more rust on it (springs and stuff), so my guess is that it isn't that old.
  6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thanks for the help, he just called me and said he sold it to a buddy of his for $3000, which is way to low but thats neither here nor there.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

He could have def got ALOT more for the plow.
  8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I know it and I wanted to steal the shoes off it before he sold it. Oh well, its sold which is what he wanted and it was to a buddy so thats alright. I which I had enough use for a second plow but I just couldn't justify it. But he got a great deal on the plow thats for sure.