1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to hook up Dump body hoist and PTO?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wilson7397, Jun 15, 2011.

1. wilson7397

wilson7397 Junior Member

I recently bought a 1994 F350 with a 12ft stakebody dump. When i picked up the truck the pto had been removed but came with it. There is no hydraulic tank. Once i get the PTO on I do not know how to put fluid in the dump cylinder, My best guess is to hook up the pressure line from the PTO to the cylinder and put a hose from the suction on the PTO into a bucket of hydraulic fluid and engage the PTO and put the bed all the way up, Then hook up the return line from the dump cylinder to the suction on the PTO. Does anyone know the proper way of filling the system?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hoist

unless it is twenty year's older than jesus it has to have a hydraulic tank ,either seperate or attached to the pump :confused:

3. wilson7397

wilson7397 Junior Member

I've heard of other dump beds have a self contained resvoir in the cylinder, like a bottle jack

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

All modern hydraulic systems require a fluid reservoir. On a dump truck it should be 2to3 times the system capacity

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tank

i have seen the self contained cylinder tank system ,but they were made mack in the 50's:eek: