1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to hook up a home made clevis

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dvshooter, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dvshooter

dvshooter Junior Member

'73 Chevy - How to hook up a home made clevis

Hello, I recently purchased a " home made" plow Assembly and I am mounting it on a 1973 Chevy pick up K20. I am having trouble mounting the clevis mount to the frame. I was wondering if anyone could provide a photo of how and where the clevis mount bolts up to the frame so I could fabricate something. Or does anyone know where to find some info? Any input would be helpful...
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I know what a clevis is, but I have no idea how it relates to a plow. With a homemade setup you may be on your own. With a truck like that you oughta be able to find a complete plow, or even a complete parts truck with a plow for under $400. Keep your eyes peeled, almost everybody has an old yard truck rotting away in back of the barn.