1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to grow my bussiness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Arloslawn, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I am new to plowing this year and have done relatively well. So far i have a medical complex, small subdivision, and a pharmacy as well as maybe 15 homes. I have one truck with a new snowdogg hd plow and whats the best way to go about getting more commercial accounts? By next year i want to buy another truck and be mowing and plowing at least double this amount. I have found that flyers (obviously) work well with residential accounts but what is the best way of getting more commercial accounts.
  2. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

You have to water them, and make sure they get plenty of sunlight.
  3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Keep your ear to the ground. Network with friends and relatives ,customers as to what commercial lots might be looking for a bid. Dont over extend y ourself time wise and financially. Your overhead increases the larger your business gets. Allways get more efficient before getting bigger. Or you will just dig yourself a bigger hole. Good Luck
  4. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Ya i was thinking of keeping the accounts I have nowand not getting anymore this year but for the mowing season i was thinking of talking to some local bussiness owners now for this summer and next winter.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Ask for bid packets for next year....NOW
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I run a ad in the yellow pages. I only advertise in my local area .Has worked out well over the last 15 yrs. Lot"s of call"s.I cherry pick the the best job"s and refer the rest to other"s.300.00 ad has brought in hundreds of thousand"s $$ over the years. Plus you have the advantage of having your name start with an A. Along with other suggestions you"ll have no problem growing your business