1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to get off glass

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by turbo5560, Nov 8, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

got some over spray on the windshield and it made a mess. what will take it off of glass?
    thanks in advance!
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

razor blade?

i did the same thing. went to spray between the cab and bed from the ground up. all over the back window. not just fluid film but also some metal protector. scraped some. lef the rest. figure it will wear off eventually.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

windex wont work? havent gotten it on glass yet so i dont know
  4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Goof off, ? Paint thinner?

Where is dano when you need him?? or even The official unofficial spokesmen granview?
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A good professional strength glass cleaner or a good degreaser will remove it from glass..so will wax & grease remover..
  6. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

thanks guys.... ya i used paint thinner and then some good glass cleaner and that seemed to take it off good.
    A note to the wise... spray Fluid Film in a well ventalated area.
    I put my truck on the lift and sprayed it but i basically got over spray on everything in the shop. Not a huge deal... but just for those who don't want film on everything in your shop do it outside.
  7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

did you spray in the doors? body panels? firewall? inside the tailgate?
    i go to town with the amsoil metal protector. i but did try a sample can of fluid film too. i have issues with hating rust.

(i go overboard i think)