1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to get clutch off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BillyRgn, Oct 28, 2011.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I need to change the clutch one of my henderson sanders and cannot get it off, I got the top part of the clutch off that the sprocket is bolted to, but the bottom part seems frozen on, I tried to get a puller on it but all I have are pullers with 3 legs and cannot get it on without removing the engine and the plate it sits on, can someone point me in the right direction or have any tricks my next step involves me pulling my hair out thanks Billy
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure exactly what you have there but as long as you're not spraying a fibrous disc[clutch],I would go with CRC's Freeze-off,it comes in a large blue can--spray it on,rap the frozen part a little. The'' how to pull it'' part I don't know. Sorry.
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

Never had much luck with anything other than the hot wrench. Have replaced many in my 30+ years. End up replacing both #51873 clutch and #11114 bearing below it. Have both in stock if you need. Just so you know there is an old & new style of clutch. New one is a lot thicker and depending on your input shaft length in may not have enough shaft left above the clutch to put the #10370 lock collar back on.
  4. equip guy

equip guy Member

billy, can you take a pic of your situation. I have an idea, but will need to see your set up. Tom
  5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys, I used some of that freeze off and next to my shop there's a mechanic I'm friendly with and had a pretty serious puller that was able to get it off, of course now the sprockets at the other end of the sander that the drag chain rolls over are frozen, o well hopefully I can get then lose tomorrow