1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to get business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 2, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

hey, how do you guys get most of your business. I am looking to do a few small parking lots and private roads and driveways. also how do you guys go about pricing. do you price per push or for a certain amount or by the season. also wondering about pricing for salt. any info is helpful thanks, shawn

2. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Well i cant speak for everyone, but me personally, i own a landscaping company so I take care of my commercial accounts summer and winter. As far as new accounts, I went out last month, wrote up proposals and handed them out. Example, McDonalds I went and priced it, then went in there talked to the manager and I got it. I will say i went to about 50 places and only got 15. Most places use there landscape companys so its hard, but just get out there.

As far as pricing, i go per inch......2-4 4.1-6 6.1-8 8.1-10 10+ $175 per inch. i get $75 an hr for sidewalks, entrance ways, and anything with the snow blower, salting i charge double the cost. So 1 ton cost 40 i charge 80 ect ect.....hope that helps. If you need an exapmle of my proposals just get me your email address. Goodluck

3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

what i did was just drop bussiness cards off to a few small local shops and got a few call backs and priced....got two all i needed b.c i sub for another guy so i didnt need much