1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to get better reception?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by GetMore, Jan 3, 2007.

1. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I am getting my plow set up for this winter and I'd like to correct a problem I had with it last year. I have the wireless controller and sometimes it doesn't respond right away. I have to hold the remote up near the windshield to get the plow to move sometimes.
    I bought the plow in the fall of 2005 and installed it myself, so I really have nobody to blame for problems, and the dealer I bought from is too far away for me to drive just to fix this.
    I was under the impression when I bought the unit that this was not unusual, and that there was a simple fix.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Contact the factory (or your dealer) with the serial number of the hand held. Snoway had some units operating on the edge of frequency ranges. They can tell you if your unit qualifies for replacement.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Basher is correct in that there were some units that were not operating per spec. Either contact the dealer that you purchased the plow from with the handheld serial # or Sno-Way technical service directly at 262-673-7200. If your unit is not in spec they should replace it for you. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

Happy New Year,