1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to fully retract lifting ram for plow removal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by unimog, Dec 3, 2007.

1. unimog

unimog Junior Member

I have a 1997 Fisher MM plow. When I take the plow off the truck I need to retract the lifting ram to facilitate putting the plow back on and I think it is best stored in that position. Now I hold the fishstick outside the truck stretching to the limit holding the down button, swinging my leg up onto the lifting frame and pushing the ram down. It is quite a cirus act and I'm getting to old and stiff to do it. My friend has a newer plow and he says there is a spring to pull the ram down. I haven't seen it yet. It seems like there should be a better way. My fishstick only has up, down, left and right, no float position.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Hold the down button for like two seconds, leave the control and truck on. You are now in float. Leave control in truck and go push the ram down.

3. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

I want to see pics of this. must be quite the circus act. Flipper is right though, that will solve your problem

4. unimog

unimog Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply. No way are you getting pictures, I'm done with that routine. Thats what I get for not reading the manual.

5. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Pictures Please

OH, Come on Unimog! The pictures may make the Best of Plowsite. At least YouTube! lol Hippy

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll bet Grandview will show up with one soon. :D

7. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i live close too grandview we got snow the other night so pic will be soon:waving:

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

OK. I bit. :help::D

contort.jpg

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Told ya! LOL..:D