1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to fix this ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Johnny Bravo, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

I'm looking at an old meyers and noticed that a couple of the wires could use replacing, not positive what model it is, missing the first number, says E-(?)7. The wires going to the silver thing with a bolt in the middle on the right side has the insulation striped back from where it goes into the silver thing, the black wire in the middle is the same way, looks like theres not much time till they will break off. Is this as easy to fix as taking it apart and replacing the wire or will parts be needed to fix this, if parts are needed any idea of what I would need and how much it would cost ?

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

It looks like the pump is an E-47 model, you need to remove the nuts by soaking or carefully splitting them and not to damage the stud. Once removed you can install new coils, A, B, C coils can be had new for under $20 each and they will come with new wires and plugs.
  3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Member
    from WI

Thank you very much.
  4. m2low

m2low Member

that is an E47 I can verify that from what I have, almost the same year of truck too, and the hoop is identical to mine. you could also try some baby oil on the wires, then some good electrical cleaner, then coat them with a nice heat shrink and electrical greast! this bring life back into new wires as long as they are not freyed to the point of almost breaking.
  5. tuffstuff300ex

tuffstuff300ex Junior Member
    from canada

Hi. had the same thing happen to me. to properly fix it you have to replace the coils. what i did with mine to stop the salt and grime from getting in there and rotting the wires off is i got some good rtv silicone and squeezed some around the bare wires. make sure you get the good stuff so it will flex in the cold weather and not break or fall off. Donnie.