1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to find average snow fall?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sk187, Aug 9, 2007.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I have a very large site im bidding and they want a seasonal price.

I need to some how figure the average snow fall so I can get a general idea how many times I will be plowing at 2" or more.
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

You can check out weatherunderground.coms almanac for your area...if not email your local weather guys and they should be able to tell you.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Your best bet is going to be either call a local TV station or check with the weather service in Muskegon or GR. The closest historical data I can find on NWS is for Muskegon, and I wouldn't base my pricing on that far away. I wouldn't even base it on Grand Haven for that matter.
  4. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I keep a log book of accumulations of mesurements I take at the office. Our routes cover quite abit of area so for each account can get different amounts thanks to being close to the lake.