1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to do residential contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, May 26, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I was wondering how u guys did residential contracts if any? How many lucrative snowfalls is the avg for the midwest ( near IN)? I'm thinking 7-10, but I could be a bit off. I figure for small drives, I'd charge $100-150/season and larger ones more so I'd be making about $15/each removal. On a 4 in snow I could shuvel it myself in only like 15-20m so I was making at times over $45/hr. THat's more than I'm making mowing! But what do u vets think as far as contract pricing?

2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I don't know how your market is but $200-$250 per year seems to be average on here

3. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

Wow! If I could get a $200 avg and 20 out of 30 of my customers signed up, I'd have $4,000 for the winter!!! That would certainly pay for at least 2 months of my bills! That would be awesome!

4. payton

payton Senior Member

man up to the table. buy my gmc. and ill put you to work doing comercial accounts this winter. then you wont have to try and goto michigan and sit in a motel trying to get a gig shoveling snow. with your girlfriend.

pretty simple.

payton

5. payton

payton Senior Member

hell i tell ya what since your porbally on a tight budget. ill sell ya my old plow rig 82 chevy 3/4t 4wd reg cab. rusty needs work. but does have a 8ft western blade for 1500. ill even bring it and drop it off at your house with the title. just tell me where.

payton