1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to,,,disable seatbelt chime

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

This may or may not have been posted before but I figured in this Limbo time between summer fun and winter fun, I might be able to give some other ford guys something to do to kill a few mins and lower their blood pressure slightly. How to eliminate the god awful seat belt chime in your truck.....

with truck parked all doors closed and head lights off,,,,turn key to on position(not running) sit for a min until the seatbelt light turns off,,,,now buckle and unbuckle the driver belt 9 times,,,leaving a second or two between cycles,,,this will cause the light to come on again,,when the light goes out buckle and unbuckle within 10 seconds,,,and you are now annoying chime-free
  2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I just choose to wear the seatbelt though. Safer and the cops like to sit at intersections looking for seatbelt violators.
  3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

fully agree but comes in handy during those in and out in and out in and out,,,BS runs.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've tried this before and it will reset itself on some model years. Don't remember which.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

On a Ford you can just unplug the wires under the seat.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It works on the '02's. :nod:
  7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

works on 01' and 04's lol
  8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Just wear the belt like it was intended to be used..........
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

'00's Didn't have it, :nono:
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

In some instances it's a pita. Like at the farm (we have an 05 f350 for a work truck) sometimes your in and out of that thing a dozen times checking crops or something. Your not on the road at all so there's no need for the seatbelt at 10mph going across a field but the annoyance level of that chime gets pretty high. That's when it would be nice if it would shut up and just let you work in peace and quite and not have WGN interupted by the chime every 30 seconds.
  11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

just cut the wire that is black with a pink trace in the ignition harness...

easy to get to.....and you also lost the annoying key in ignition buzz as well.
  12. bluxprs

bluxprs Junior Member

just start truck normal and when starts to chime, push the release button on seat belt. gone until you turn off the key. works on 02 f-350

EPPSLLC Senior Member

go cut the latch out of one at the junk yard stick it in and ta da your done .... if you need the seat belt take the new latch out and buckle your seat belt
  14. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

is there another method of disabling the ignition chime?, it drives me nuts. Dont feel comfortable cutting wires .
  15. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

But I got fed up writing estimates and eating lunch with my seat belt on.
  16. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

find another seatbelt and cut off the insert part on the belt side. just toss it in the glove box when your not using it. that ways its still stock and works like it should.
  17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The first method worked for me on my 05 no more annoying seatbelt chime
  18. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

You could just get an older truck like mine that doesn't have a chime or warning light to begin with.
  19. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

On my '01 excursion, I just start the truck, put on the belt, then unbuckle it and it wont chime anymore, but the ligth will be on.
  20. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

On our 06 F350 I did the super duper buckle unbuckle deal once and it's worked since. Did it when the truck had like 20 miles on it and it's now at 30,000 without even a peep out of the belt chime.