1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to convert a 2 plug mm to a 3 plug??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by liftedgmc05, Jan 30, 2012.

1. liftedgmc05

liftedgmc05 Junior Member

I am just wondering what is needed to convert a 2 plug mm1 plow to a 3 plug, I have a 3 plug set up on my truck, lights dont' matter to me I do not need the plow lights if that is going to have anything to do with it thanks, I have a 3 pin controll harness 4 port iso module white label and another male plug coming out of the truck that has 11 holes and the other wire is the power thanks

2. Repoman 207 is much better at this than I am but I'll give it a shot. I am going to assume you have the original EForce plow lights on the 2 plug setup. That probably means you have a 12pin connector on the plow side harness that goes to the lights (among other things). This won't work on your truck.

You also have the battery cable (plow side) that will have the large pos and neg connections and a very small pin in between them. Is this the case?
    If so, this is what I would do. Treat your self to a set of Intensifier plow lights. They will come with the 11 pin harness that will plug into your truck. If you don't want to spring for the lights, I think you can retrofit the EForce lights with a 26347 11 pin plow side harness.

You will also need to get a 26539 3 pin control harness for the plow. That will plug into your truck. You can use the plow side battery cable that you have but you will have to break off or remove the aforementioned little pin or it won't plug into your truckside harness.

Anyone want to shoot holes in this solution?? Fire away!!

3. liftedgmc05

Ok I don't need the plow lights I have a lifted truck with a modified plow and the plow doesn't come above my headlights so I plow and drive with my truck headlights the plow doesn't even have the lights on it

4. OK so if the plow doesn't have any plow lights on it are you still looking at 2 plugs??? Where are they connected?

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A few years ago before I joined here a friends truck broke down and I went to go pickup his two plug plow with my three plug truck.I couldn't lift it up with my truck and the only headlights I had were my truck lights If you were just converting it from a two plug to a three plug with lights then the harnesses motorman described above would work.But with the plow not having lights on it I'm not sure.26347 the light harness is a male 11 pin harness.Motorman got the 5 and the 3 reversed the control harness is 26359 and that is a 3 pin harness.I'm not sure if you've heard of http://www.ashsupply.com/index.php they are out of littleton nh close to you I believe.Prices are a lower online but you can call them and ask what they get from them regular price little more then central parts warehouse but if you go to ash supply you won't have to pay shipping and have them same day.

26347-http://www.ashsupply.com/search_results.php

26359-http://www.ashsupply.com/search_results.php

6. Thanks for picking that out!!! Fat Fingers. For some reason I can't edit my post to correct it.

7. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

A 3 plug plow will not work without plugging the lights in so it would stand to reason that it will not work with no lights at all.

8. Good point......

9. chevyzrule810

I didn't think the plow would work without the lights.You could put the lights on and take the bulbs out and be able to use the plow.

10. chevyzrule810

motorman in order to edit your post you have to go to the lower right corner of your post and next to the quote icon.But I think you only have so much time to edit it.

11. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Only way to make it work is to convert the plow to a 3 plug with 11 pin lights, 3 pin control harness, and 2 large pin power harness

12. liftedgmc05

Plow works fine without the lights didn't thInk it would work but it does thanks for a the help

13. Thats correct, I can't edit the post I made an hour ago....

14. Then it wasn't a two plug setup in the first place......

15. liftedgmc05

I originally asked that question because I was going to buy a 2 plug plow but a 3 plug works fine without the lights