1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to compress MM1 angling ram pistons?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tony2toes, Dec 6, 2014.

1. tony2toes

tony2toes Junior Member

Heres my issue,

Ive got a MM1 9' plow setup that I removed the blade from to swap on an 8' MM1 blade (the 9' is too big for around here) they appear to be completely interchangeable with each other.

I got the 8' blade all lined up and it seems like the angling rams need to be compressed in several inches to allow me to insert the center pin. Is there any particular way I should do this?

I already tried fastening the 2 ram pins and pushing the plow up against a snowbank with no success.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance, just trying to get this rig ready before the next storm up here.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

How about cracking a hose loose and letting a little fluid out?

Or plug it in to the truck and push on the left cylinder while someone bumps the controller to the left. One you get one side retracted, you should be able to get the center bolt through. Then you can angle it around, using the controller, to get the other side attached.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, agree with c.i. on this one

4. tony2toes

tony2toes Junior Member

Got it on, took you guyses advice, cracked a hose and it went right on, now shes golden :) Thanks guys!