1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to check your float?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buckeye Chuck, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

New Western Std. Poly, Ultra Mount

How can I check to see if float is working properly? It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I hold the down switch for a second longer or not. When I grab the chains sometimes they are taught and sometimes not. I adjusted the quill a bit to lower it a touch slower. Not sure if that matters.
  2. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

after you drop the plow, walk to the front without turning the truck off and push down on the lift arm. if it goes down the plow is in float mode
  3. Buckeye Chuck

Yes, that's what I did. Supposedly your suppose to hold the switch down a second to go into float. Doesn't seem to matter whether I just flip the switch or hold it down. Most times it is in float. But sometimes it isn't. I'm trying to figure out how to control it.
  4. Buckeye Chuck

Should have read the instructions again. I guess you dont' have to hold the switch down for any length of time. I was instructed differently when I bought it. And I think when it seemed tight was when the power was off.
    Thanks again.
  5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Just tap it lightly to the up position to cancell float when you want to.