1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to check valves on E-47

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by roblandscape, Nov 10, 2003.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I am having problems with my pump how do I know if the valves are working properly? Problem plow goes down when up, press right or left on touchpad and plow goes left, not right:help:

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

First- go to www.discountplowparts.com. They have a trouble-shooting chart for Meyer pumps online.
    It sounds like your C valve. (green wire) Have someone angle your plow right, and touch the outside of the coil with a screwdriver. If it does not stick like a magnet, start there. Maybe coil only. Maybe wiring/harness. The snowplow-contractors web page listed at the top has more Meyer troubleshooting info including a simple schematic to make sure your wiring is OK.

Good Luck...:waving:

3. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Help I took the solenoids off, now how do I check if the valves move freely what should I do:help:

4. Jeffro

Jeffro Member

i just went through this, your not going to be exactly sure if they are working or not, mine were even "clicking" when i tested them. i saw on e-bay someone has a coil/valave combo for 50 dollars, cheaper them my local napa store....just buy the ones the trouble shooting page says may be faulty.

Jeff