1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to check PROPER fluid level?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GoSnow, Feb 11, 2004.

1. GoSnow

GoSnow Junior Member

What proper angle should pump be to check fluid?Should it be mounted on truck to check?The pump angle is different when it's off truck.Thanks for your help!I have 2 western unimounts.I'd like to check fluid level when 1 plow is off truck also(when i work on it):help:

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The manual says you can do it both ways, on and off. If you can, duplicate the angle when its off the truck by adjusting the support stand or blocks so your headlight brackets are verticle. You want the ram down all the way to check fluid level.

If you have the overflow hole above the drain, fill till it comes out the overflow.

If no overflow, plow removed from truck, stand lock pin in place(short one), fill to the bottom of the fill hole threads.

3. GoSnow

GoSnow Junior Member

thanx st surfin