1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to charge

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BossPlowGuy04, Oct 30, 2007.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys how do you figure out how much to charge for salt spreading?? i know the cost of salt plus like how much?? is it per hour or size of the lot? any input would be great thanks.

alex

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Most lots I charge flat fee

If there roads, or a lot where its never going to be the same, I charge per 100lbs applied.

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I charge by the bag. I don't use bags unless I have to, but everyone else around here does, and it works for us. We get about $16 buck a bag (spread) around here.

Bossman

4. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

i charge primary customers by the lot usually 125 a ton broke down by amount used.but you have to find your minimum because some lots are small.secondary customers that hardly call or call when their guy didnt show i charge 160 a ton but here in kc we kc we charge a lil more than other areas . heck some guys sell str8 salt for 100 a ton but 55 is more like it

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

kcplow, did you buy that truck (pictured on your signature )out in NY last week?

6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I think he did, I just read one of his posts, where he said he bought a truck from someone in NY.

Bossman