1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to charge

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by corey1977, Sep 19, 2006.

1. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

Hello all new to plowing and got a question about service if I plow during one storm say in the moring be for I go work work than come back after my 8 hours shift is over do I charge the home one for one or 2 times for plowing since its the same storm?
  2. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

myself,i useualy hit a home mid storm to get the bulk of the snow cleared and around 5-6am as the last trip before they go to work to clean up.

i bill them one single price and break it down for them,showing the time i showed up and finished and price of per push i try to make it simple for my customers.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Where are you in Maine? If you like and you're near me (Palermo), I'd be glad to get together and maybe discuss some business-related issues. Anyway, what I do is charge based on the amount of snow that falls in any 24 hour period. Otherwise, if you're billing for pushing one storm twice, the customer might feel ripped off. It may not sound like it, but it actually works out well.
  4. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine