1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to charge driveways?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jg244888, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

How do you charge driveways on a seasonal contract, monthly, two payments nov 1st jan 1 what do you do? thanks
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I did 1/3 at signing 1/3 Jan 1st 1/3 on Mar. 1st.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Monthly and on a per-push basis.
  4. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

I offer all 3.

Pay in full due October 1
    Pay in Half due October 1 and Jan1
    Pay by month in 5 payments starting Oct 1

I like getting the money 30 days in advance.... I have alot of retired folks in my area
  5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

All my residentials are per time except on old gent that lives in my former neighbourhood. Dont want a residential customer demanding I break off from a better paying commercial lot to plow out the drive.
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

monthly contracts have always worked out best for residences
  7. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

This year - I'm going to offer a slight discount for the entire snow season if they pay in full by Nov 15th in total. I like the payment divided into thirds however I have reservations about having it monthly since snow tends to be light in March in my area but snow coverage is still needed. No one cancelled in March but I sweated a little on it.
  8. piperpm

piperpm Member

I'm dealing with the same issue right now of per-push vs. seasonal contract. Most of my customers (all within 5 min drive) that have signed up are per-push and minimum is $20 (keep in mind this is a side-biz) but I have one guy looking for a seasonal quote... so I factored 20-22 visits and quoted $400 for the season and he's coming back saying he was getting a season for $250 all-in near Ottawa!... I'm not going to play into the low-baller game...
  9. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We do per push. I don't think anyone around here would buy into a seasonal contract.
  10. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

I make 90% of my res.sign aggreements Nov1-April 15th I keep some on per push so if i have to go out to many times that 10% pays the extra wages and the 90% is garranteed in the bank.Tried every other way and this is by far the best way.All costumer send monthly post dated cheques for the whole season before i start any clearing.Done it this way for 5 years now.No invoicing all winter and do not have to call any customer for money.
  11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I said the same thing for years until I offered it to one of my long-time customers. He jumped on it cause he liked being able to budget. Started offering it to others until I had a 50/50 mix.