1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to change the paddles on a Toro Powerlite

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kevin1000, Mar 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kevin1000

kevin1000 Junior Member

Any help would be appreciated. This year we ran 2 of these and the method we had to use today to change the paddles on one of them cannot possibly be the only way. All Toro's manual says is to take it to an authorized dealer but I want to do it myself. Todays experience was long and difficult.
    Help.
    Thanks
    Kevin

2. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Pain in the butt job, but can be done. Paddles can be facing one direction only. Install the paddles the same as the paddles you will remove.

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

If memory serves you have to take off a bunch of bolts to get one off then repalce the other the same way. Its a pain in the butt and takes a long time.

4. kevin1000

kevin1000 Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to find a better/easier way to do it tho. I wonder how the "authorized dealers" do it?

5. gib

gib Junior Member
    from omaha

needle nose vice grips and a good set of allen wrenches. big pain. Dealer makes it easy because they will want to replace the side metal