1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to change oil

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jhakarter, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

I got a old western plow with the hydraulic mounted on the truck with the ram so it goes up and down, if you get what im saying. I need to change the oil. Anyone know how, I dont wanna get air in the lines, and if I do i need to know how to bleed it? if anyone can post step by step instructions that would be awesome. thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

remove motor. suck out oil with a hand pump.make sure lift cyl is all the way down. remove hoses from angle rams. if quick couplers are used, insert a used or new coupler end into the hose. jack up plow with a jack and move blade left and right 3 or 4 times. this empty's the angle cyls.fill pump housing with 2 qts oil. install motor. RUN PLOW LEFT AND RIGHT SEVERAL TIMES.then go for up. plow will bleed itself w/ normal use.