1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to change fluid and filter Insta Act Pump any DIY'S?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JerseyAnthony, Nov 23, 2010.

1. JerseyAnthony

JerseyAnthony Junior Member

Hey guys,

So after much searching and fidgeting, I finally got my MM2 to work and move and angle all directions. I just bought the plow and its moving pretty slow, my guess would be that even though I have blue fluid, and it looks pretty clean, from what I have been reading the filter/screen is all gunked up. Is there a write up or diy for the insta act pump filter change.
    Any help and with pictures would be extremely helpful,

T.I.A
    Anthony

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If you look up at your resovoir (the bottom tank you put fluid in) there are 4 screws at the corners. They are a flat head screw or you can use a small socket to get them loose. Two are easy to get to, and two are kinda difficult on the back side. I always drain the fluid before removing it. Anyways, remove the 4 screws and pop it off. It may take a few light taps to get it loose from the o ring but it will come off.

The filter will be right there. You can clean it or remove it.

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

You may have to remove the two bolts that hold the pump to the frame to get the resevoir off.

4. risin187

risin187 Member

thank you exactly what i was looking for I have a mm2 ezv slow going up and scoop times out i'm assuming this is the problem i'll report back.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You should also clean the magnet on the bottom of the reservoir tank when you change the filter.

6. ....this thread is 6 years old...just sayin' :confused:

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

It may need to be cleaned again by now. The little bolts are 8MM.

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just thinking that.Should have started a new thread.Thats a lot of searching:dizzy:

Motorman 007 likes this.