1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to bleed? Please help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by keez315, Jan 12, 2009.

1. keez315

keez315 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have a model 720LT, I have a slight problem. Last snow storm I lost hydraulics. It was low on fluid so I added some. Then I loosened hoses and bleed them. Now the up and down only goes if you hit the switch on and off real quick. ON,off, on, off. The angles aren't working at all. I figure its air in the lines, but the oil doesn't seem to be coming out the hoses?? Any suggestions? thanks

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Most Blizzard plows self bleed. Are you sure a valve isn't sticking?

3. keez315

keez315 Junior Member

No I'm not sure, I will have to tear everything apart. I know it did this last year when the fluid went to low, but it bleed right out after a few times of going back and forth, however this time its just not getting any fluid out of the hoses.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I just changed an angle cylinder and got air in it. Tried bleeding the cylinders over and over, finally ended up removing the two angle solenoids and cracking the valve, that finally got the air out.

5. Whitey

Whitey Member

check to be sure the pick up tube is down in the oil mine turned up and was sticking above the oil I noticed the problem when my oil level was just about 1/2 inch from the top and I started having similar problems