1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to bleed air out

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by adkplow, Jan 28, 2007.

1. adkplow

adkplow Junior Member

My plow will move by hand side to side, what is the method for bleeding air out of the sytem?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest way to get the air out of the angle ram's is to back the truck up a fairly steep driveway or stop on a steep hill so that the front of the truck is lower than the back and then drop the blade to the ground,raise the blade slightly until it's just off the ground.Angle the blade side to side several time's to work the air out of the cylinder's.

3. adkplow

adkplow Junior Member

thanks for that tip B&B

Hi, thank you for the reply. I will get more fluid tomorrow and park on a slope and give that a whirl. Many thanks for the prompt response, I appreciate it! -TJ

4. yep, cycling left, right, up and down will work the air out of the lines.