1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Apr 27, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

I know alot of you guys are off doing your spring and summer work just like me and my lawn business. I have been approached in reguards to the snow removal in a condo/apartment complex. It contains streets, small driveways and a few parking lots. It would require sanding also. Now where do you even start on a project like this. Do you price it out per storm (hourly) or by the season?
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I personally would charge hourly. Apartment complexes are a pain most of the time. Cars parking where you have to put snow and everywhere else in between. I stay away from them myself.:waving:
  3. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Most complexes around here want bids for a per season basis. Mine are all that way. I would ask the complex, and/or management Co. for a bid spec sheet. This way you know what they want exactly and everyone is on the same page.
    Never bid hourly unless specified to, that tends to scare clients away. Make shure to enclude touch up of lots when parking spots open up after people leave for work in the am. Usually always have to go back in the afternoon and clean up, after the night snows. Most complexes ask for that service too.
    Good luck, Scott