1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to bid on walmart stores

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by green_oasis, Sep 18, 2008.

1. green_oasis

green_oasis Junior Member

I am looking online for a place and location to bid on walmart stores in our area here in northern indiana. can anyone help me find the site online to do so ?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

your trying to bid a walmart online? just walk in the store and ask the manager if you can bid for snow plowing.....maybe hell say yes,, maybe hell say no

3. snow junkie

snow junkie Junior Member

I am under the impression all vendors need to be approved by corporate. You can find the form online but can't submit it online, need to print it out amd mail it.

4. green_oasis

green_oasis Junior Member

i am also under the impression that the process is going on online or as the other fellow stated the forms are online. i have made a few attempts to address the store manager with a bid. However, i have also heard rumors of an online process. Since the store here is brand new and not had a snow season under their belt I hoped there would be a corporate bid site to give more insite. I do continue to attempt to contact the store manager, but have found it difficult to make direct contact . he is heavily guarded it seems and has CIA protection or something here , (lol sarcastic comment). I just hoped other seasoned snow vets might have a better insight on this rumored bidding process.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is this Walls Mart a stand alone store? If it's in a plaza you might have to go through the developer to bid on it.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have to go in each day to get to the manager.

The online process will work once you're approved.

It may work before that, but if you do it online, you've never made a personal contact with the manager.

Get your butt in there, show some determination.

Don't just leave the impression of your business on the sheet of a FLAT piece of paper.

That's how I got mine.

7. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i called one of the walmarts yesterday to ask if they were taking bids. the manager wasnt the nicest guy ive ever dealt with. but they take bids in two weeks. if you dont have teh means to do it dont bother......not one flake of snow in front of the store.

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

you lazy bunch of S.O.B's get youre ass in there and talk to them, and i don't mean over the phone!

wal-mart dosent own any of thier stores they are all built by someone and rented to them so do you re homework. and figure out who ownes the one you want to work at.

off my rant' lol

PJ

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

the walmarts around here are owned by walmart or at least a walmart entity and the managers compile bids

10. LwnmwrMan22

uhhhhh... for what it's worth, the Wal-Marts here are owned by Wal-Mart. I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't, unless it was attached to a strip mall or other development.

11. cretebaby

companies the size of walmart typically dont rent

why would they make someone else rich by renting from them

12. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

lol walmart doesnt like to pay there employees good wages...so really why would they pay to rent? i know the dollar generals around here rent there buildings

13. cretebaby

the dollar generals here dont rent either

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All the Walmarts around here rent and I know that for sure and just because Walmart is tendering out snow, doesn't mean they own the land the building is sitting on, they might just have a 25 year lease on it and be responsible for their own maintenance.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  15. cretebaby

i guess that its really irrevalent wether they own or not if they are a stand alone store chances are good they are responsable for there own plowing

16. powerjoke

Well Crete,....it is a TAX vehicle!

i don't get it.......everyone know's so much more than me:rolleyes: and then just as soon as JD agrees with me you all shut up? WTF?

first of all how many of you actually work for a wal-mart store?

Just because wal-mart organizes thier own snow removal doesnt mean they own the store either.......it's called a "Triple Net lease" witch means they are responible for the maintanace etc.

maybe i was jumping the gun a little when i said they ALL rent, i didnt mean it to sound as if NONE of the stores are wal-mart owned.

the store i work for pays roughly 65k per month rent and the old store that they just use for storage is 30k per month :dizzy:

i think that lowe's and sam's club etc. are all the same way too.

btw: thanks for comeing to the rescue JD lol

PJ

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  17. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

To all the newbies that think power doesn't know what he is talking about I highly suggest you get on his good side. Last year this was the guy that took the time out of his schedule in the middle of winter to help this northern yankee set up a fairly profitable snow business. This year I have been able to obtain several of my own contracts and no longer have to sub for someone else and I owe a big portion of knowing who to talk to etc.... to power so to power :salute::salute::drinkup::drinkup:

18. powerjoke

:salute: thanks, that is probably the nicest thing that has been said about me on PS....(probably the only nice thing lol)

PJ

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Don't let your head get too big buddy, I say nice things about you too, your just not around to hear me talk behind your back.: PJ's always willing to help, just don't make him mad.:drinkup:

20. LwnmwrMan22

I think the biggest problem was when the word "ALL" was placed.

If I still mowed one of them that I mowed and plowed, I'd take a picture that stated "Outlots for sale, contact Wal-Mart Realty Associates at xxx-xxx-xxxx, Bentonville Arkansas.

I agree that some probaby do rent their property, but I know there are some that own the land too.