1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to bid/charge for liquid Calcium Cloride

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Deputy_Swan, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Deputy_Swan

Deputy_Swan Junior Member

Hello, I am new to the Liquid Ice Management, nobody in my area does it, I been speaking to a few business owners about it and several are interested in it. I know how much the Liquid Calcium Chloride costs locally as oil field company's have tens of thousands gallons of it in stock. I am setting up a pump, tank, and home made boom, and hand real for the back of my f-450. How much do you charge in your area, or how to you price it out?

any advice is greatly welcomed!
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We don't charge any different for rock salt app or LCC app, we charge for ice melting services.
  3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Liquid Ice Melter

We charge the same for a pre-treat liquid application as a regular deicing application in most situations. The nice thing about pre-treats is they are generally the same volume each time.

Let it snow!