1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to bid a lot with pot holes?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kyle1710, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

I was invited to bid a lot, but it has lots of good sized pot holes. Should I bid it, or will it destroy my plow and truck and end up being a mistake? I thought about bidding high and hope i don't get it.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Or you could just forgo bidding and be assured of not getting it.

3. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Let me rephrase my question. Is it worth bidding a job like this, and bid high to cover repairs, or should i just stay away?

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

bid high, real high and if you get it allow snow to fill in the holes and you will be set. But come spring watch out, because they will swallow you whole and do some major damage to your truck and plow. Now that I think of it dont bid it and let someone else suffer.good luck...

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Refer it to an enemy.

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

yep and sit back and watch him break his turck

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Pot holed lots are higher liability. Water melts and stays in the holes and freezes and then someone can slip on it. People also tend to trip on pot holes and then they blame the snow contractor for the fall. Not sure what type of place it is but if it's open to the general public, refer it to the enemy as said by Johnny.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Give it to Clapper!

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

HAHA Yeah I just talked to him and he said he will take it:dizzy:. Down in 922 land where he is from all the lots look like that.

10. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

So the consensus is that this job should go to clapper. Its yours man, just don't forget my 25% finders fee payup

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I pass 'em up if they're real deteriorated, not worth it.

12. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Bid it by the ton!

Oops, thought it was for asphalt not snow.

If they're too cheap to fix it then they are too cheap too maintain it.